Relations between Georgia and the State of Israel
Chronology of Diplomatic Relations
Diplomatic relations with Georgia were established on June 1, 1992.
Ambassadors of Georgia to the State of Israel
- Archil (Abesalom) Kekelia (02.2012–to date)
- Vakhtang Jaoshvili (18.12.2008–01.2012)
- Lasha Zhvania (15.03.2005-06.2008)
- Revaz Gachechiladze (15.02.1998-19.02.2004)
Ambassadors of the State of Israel to Georgia
- Itzhak Gerberg (08.2008-to date)
- Shabtay Tsur (18.01.05-to date)
- Rivka Cohen, 03.09.01-18.01.05
- Ehud Eitam, 24.04.98-03.09.01
- Lily Hahamy - 1996-24.04.98
- Baruch Ben-Neria 26.06.93-1996
Fields of Cooperation
- Regular bilateral and multilateral political dialogue.
- Cooperation between legislative authorities. Parliamentary Groups of Friendship have been established in both countries.
- Cooperation in the fields of Culture and Education:
- Introduction of Georgian culture and its traditions to the Israeli society that will help increase the number of Israeli visitors to Georgia;
- Protection of Georgian cultural heritage in Israel;
- Georgian language TV and Radio Broadcasting in Israel;
- Training of Georgian specialists in the courses organized by "Mashav"- Center for International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel.
Main directions of cooperation for the promotion of trade and economic relations:
- Attraction of Israeli Capital
- Trade promotion
- Introduction of tourism capabilities of Georgia.
Trade Turnover between 2000 and 2006
in thousand USD