Relations between Georgia and the State of Israel
Chronology of Diplomatic Relations
Diplomatic relations with Georgia were established on June 1, 1992.
Ambassadors of Georgia to the State of Israel
- Lasha Zhvania (2019-)
- Paata Kalandadze (2014-2019)
- Archil (Abesalom) Kekelia (2012–2014)
- Vakhtang Jaoshvili (2008–2012)
- Lasha Zhvania (2005-2008)
- Revaz Gachechiladze (1998-2004)
Ambassadors of the State of Israel to Georgia
- Ran Gidor (2019-)
- Shabtai Tzur (2016-2019)
- Yuval Fuchs (2012-2016)
- Itzhak Gerberg (08.2008-2012)
- Shabtay Tsur (2005-2008)
- Rivka Cohen (2001-2005)
- Ehud Eitam (1998-2001)
- Lily Hahamy (1996-1998)
- Baruch Ben-Neria (1993-1996)
Fields of Cooperation
- Regular bilateral and multilateral political dialogue.
- Cooperation between legislative authorities. Parliamentary Groups of Friendship have been established in both countries.
- Cooperation in the fields of Culture and Education:
- Introduction of Georgian culture and its traditions to the Israeli society that will help increase the number of Israeli visitors to Georgia;
- Protection of Georgian cultural heritage in Israel;
- Georgian language TV and Radio Broadcasting in Israel;
- Training of Georgian specialists in the courses organized by "Mashav"- Center for International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel.
Main directions of cooperation for the promotion of trade and economic relations:
- Attraction of Israeli Capital
- Trade promotion
- Introduction of tourism capabilities of Georgia.
Trade Turnover between 2000 and 2006
in thousand USD