The registration of the branch office of a foreign enterprise and non-entrepreneurial (non-commercial) legal entity is implemented by the LEPL National Agency of Public Registry under the Ministry of Justice of Georgia.
A branch shall be registered for tax purposes and granted an identification number by the National Agency of Public Registry at the moment of the registration in the Registry of Entrepreneurs and Non-Entrepreneurial (Non-Commercial) Legal Entities.
The registration service can be received/obtained in the Public Service Halls, any territorial offices of the National Agency of Public Registry and with authorized users.
Documents required for the registration of the branch:
- Application of an interested person;
- Identification document of an interested person (ID card, passport, residence permit, the NID or a neutral travel document);
- A document confirming the fact of the registration of the foreign enterprise or non-entrepreneurial (non-commercial) legal entity, registered data and the identity of the head/representative, executed and duly certified in accordance with the applicable legislation;
- A document certifying information on the authorized head/representative for the establishment of the branch on behalf of foreign enterprise or non-entrepreneurial (non-commercial) legal entity, executed and duly certified in accordance with the applicable legislation;
- A decision on establishment of a branch executed and duly certified according to the applicable legislation of the authorized person/entity of foreign enterprise or non-entrepreneurial (non-commercial) legal entity, containing following information:
- Name of the branch;
- Legal address of the branch;
- E-mail address of the branch;
- Information on the person authorized as a head/representative of the branch (name, surname, ID number/passport number, residing address).
The power of attorney given to the person for the assignment of the management authority can be submitted as an alternative document of the appointment of the authorized person for the management/representation of the branch;
- For the purposes of registration of the branch legal address, the duly executed consent of the owner of the immovable property located in Georgia or the document confirming the right of the interested person to use the immovable property executed according to the applicable procedure;
- Document of expression of the consent of a person to be appointed as an authorized person on the management and representation of the branch certified according to the procedures defined in the legislation;
The document prepared/issued/executed in a foreign country should be certified according to the procedure defined in the legislation, except the cases when the certification of the document in not required by the international agreement of Georgia.
In addition to the above-mentioned documents, the National Agency of Public Registry can additionally, on the particular case, request any kind of document/information that is necessary to make the decision on registration.
Terms of registration and service fee:
Registration proceeding is conducted within one day or on the same day (accelerated service). Service fee within one day is 100 GEL, as for the accelerated service – 200 GEL. The fee can be paid together with the submission of the application in the National Agency of Public Agency.
Decision on the registration and the extract from the Registry of Entrepreneurs and Non-Entrepreneurial (Non-Commercial) Legal Entities can be obtained on the official web-page of the National Agency of Public Registry www.napr.gov.ge.